Policy 425 - Staff Development
Revised: August 15, 2017
The purpose of this policy is to establish a staff development program and structure to carry out planning and reporting on staff development that supports improved student learning.
II. ADVISORY STAFF DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
365体育官网A. The School Board will establish an Advisory Staff Development Committee to develop a Staff Development Plan.
1. The majority of the membership of the Advisory Staff Development Committee shall consist of teachers representing various grade levels, subject areas, and special education. The Committee also will include non-teaching staff, parents, and administrators.
2. The committee shall follow regulations per Minnesota Statute 122A.60 regarding effective staff development activities, contents of staff development plan, staff development outcomes and staff development report.
III. STAFF DEVELOPMENT FUNDING & REPORTING
365体育官网A. The School District will reserve an amount equal to at least two percent of its basic revenue for per Minnesota Statute 122A.61: in-service education for violence prevention programs to help students learn how to resolve conflicts within their families and communities in non-violent, effective ways; staff development plans; curriculum development and programs; other in-service education; teachers’ workshops; teacher conferences; the cost of substitute teachers for staff development purposes; preservice and in-service education for special education professionals and paraprofessionals; and other related costs for staff development efforts.
B. By October 15 of each year, the Staff Development Advisory Committee shall write and submit a report of staff development activities and expenditures for the previous year in the form and manner determined by the commissioner.
- Minn. Stat. § 120A.41 (Length of School Year; Days of Instruction)
- Minn. Stat. § 120A.415 (Extended School Calendar)
- Minn. Stat. § 120B.22, Subd. 2 (Violence Prevention Education)
- Minn. Stat. § 122A.18, Subd. 4 (Board to Issue Licenses; Expiration and Renewal)
- Minn. Stat. § 122A.40, Subds. 7 and 7a (Employment; Contracts; Termination - Additional Staff Development and Salary)
- Minn. Stat. § 122A.41, Subds. 4 and 4a (Teacher Tenure Act; Cities of the First Class; Definitions - Additional Staff Development and Salary)
- Minn. Stat. § 122A.60 (Staff Development Program)
- Minn. Stat. § 122A.61 (Reserved Revenue for Staff Development)
- Minn. Stat. § 126C.10, Subds. 2 and 2b (General Education Revenue)
- Minn. Stat. § 126C.13, Subd. 5 (General Education Levy and Aid)
Adopted: April 12, 1988
Revised: June 27, 1989
Revised: March 26, 1996
Revised: August 28, 2001
Revised: January 27, 2004
Revised: November 10, 2008
Revised: December 21, 2010
Revised: April 15, 2014
Reviewed: August 18, 2015
Revised: August 15, 2017