Policy 302 - Superintendent
Revised: May 5, 2015
365体育官网The purpose of this policy is to recognize the importance of the role of the superintendent and the overall responsibility of that position within the school district.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
The school board shall employ a superintendent who shall serve as an ex officio, nonvoting member of the school board and as chief executive officer of the school system.
III. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
365体育官网 A. The superintendent is responsible for the management of the schools, the administration of all school district policies, and is directly accountable to the school board.
B. The superintendent shall evaluate each principal assigned responsibility for supervising a school building in the district.
365体育官网 C. The superintendent may delegate responsibilities to other school district personnel, but shall continue to be accountable for actions taken under such delegation.
D. Where responsibilities are not specifically prescribed, nor school board policy applicable, the superintendent shall use personal and professional judgment, subject to review by the school board.
- Minn. Stat. §123B.143 (Superintendent)
- MSBA Service Manual Chapter 5, School Board-Staff Relationships
- MSBA/MASA Model Policy 202 (School Board Officers)
- MSBA/MASA Model Policy 208 (Development, Adoption, and Implementation of Policies MSBA/MASA Model Policy 214 (Out of State Travel by School Board Members)
- MSBA/MASA Model Policy 301 (School District Administration)
- MSBA/MASA Model Policy 303 (Superintendent Selection)
- MSBA Model Policy 304 (Superintendent Contract, Duties and Evaluation)
- MSBA/MASA Model Policy 305 (Policy Implementation) 3021 1 48 302
- MSBA/MASA Model Policy 306 (Administrator Code of Ethics)
- MSBA/MASA Model Policy 412 (Expense Reimbursement)
- MSBA/MASA Model Policy 510 (School Activities)
- MSBA/MASA Model Policy 511 (Student Fundraising)
- MSBA/MASA Model Policy 513 (Student Promotion, Retention, and Program Design) MSBA/MASA Model Policy 602 (Organization of School Calendar and School Day) MSBA/MASA Model Policy 605 (Alternative Programs)
- MSBA/MASA Model Policy 701 (Establishment and Adoption of School District Budget) MSBA/MASA Model Policy 704 (Development and Maintenance of an Inventory of Fixed Assets and a Fixed Asset Accounting System)
- MSBA/MASA Model Policy 802 (Disposition of Obsolete Equipment and Material) MSBA/MASA Model Policy 903 (Visitors to School District Buildings and Sites)
- MSBA/MASA Model Policy 905 (Advertising)
- MSBA/MASA Model Policy 906 (Community Notification of Predatory Offenders) MSBA/MASA Model Policy 907 (Rewards) MSBA Service Manual Chapter 5, School Board Staff Relationships
Adopted: April 8, 2003
Revised: January 8, 2013
Revised: May 5, 2015